Picatho's causeries

Oh, $#@%! Sitting with my shoulders shrugged up

Yesterday I was totally bemused by the 'No plastic bags day' after I'd have pushing a half fully loaded trolley of wet groceries for checking out at the counter of a local supermarket. I stood rooted to the counter front, bewildered by all that 'no-plastic' situation and hesitated to whether to accept charge of 20 sen per plastic bag. At the time when pushing the trolley for unloading goods directly into my car is impossible because I was traveling by 'bus 11' from my office nearby.

Only then I'd remembered that the Penang Government launched the ‘No Plastic Bags Day’ today initiatively mandated with - no more free plastic bags to shoppers on Mondays, and the ayes have it.

Since I didn't want to be overcharged (as I felt) for the providing of 20 sen per plastic bag of merely at a cost of few sen. Therefore I asked the cashier for any alternative thing to pack my goods such as paper bag or fastener tape or string to offering help. The alien cashier was just shaking her head with a simultaneous answering of 'tadak-tadak'.

It couldn't help and the frustration bereft me of words. Inevitably I'd to discard the rest but only managed to checking out with just a handful of my favorite sausages. In causation I have to passing them one hand after another because of frozen-in chill while making my exit. Indeed this 'no plastic' incident was a blessing in disguise, because I afterwards found less dip into my purse.

No wonder I found that it was an anomaly of "only 2-3 kittens" in the store that day!

At the end, the green makes me greener and 'no plastic bag' lets my family be communicated together for averting Monday's shopping as less as possible or otherwise opt for lighter purchase then usual.

My close encounter of 'no plastic day' indicates that:-

1. People would eventually manage to avert shopping on Monday or to make less purchasing on this day.

2. Ancillary items of paper bags or fastener strings should otherwise be provided alternatively. In case of uncertainty or unknowing such as for outstation customers.

3. No plastic day will help to bring austerity included shop rationing and eat less.

4. No plastic day begets plastic-bag income should not be solely favorable to sellers, consumers should also be partly rewarded.

0 comments: