Picatho's causeries

Oh, $#@%! Sitting with my shoulders shrugged up

As I came across The Most Singapore Blog Entries yesterday, a topic listed as 'The 45 lessons of life, written by a 90 year old' was found again being blogged.

The snapes.com which often tell for any misconception on circulations revealed that it's not a hoax but it's just an analecta of "Text reproduces newspaper columnist's list of '45 lessons life taught me.'"

The writer, Ms Regina Brett who is a long-time columnist for Ohio newspapers and who was a Pulitzer Prize finalist in 2009 for "her range of compelling columns that move the heart, challenge authority and often trigger action while giving readers deeper insight into life's challenges" is now actually 53 years old by this year.

"People are still e-mailing my "50 Life Lessons" around the world saying I'm 90. " said Brett in her blog recently. "One person went too far and used Twitter to send out this tweet: Regina Brett was a columnist for The Plain Dealer, Cleveland, Ohio. She passed away in her 90s. She left a lot of wisdom." She added.

One of the circulators named as "leeaper" has made his apology posted beneath Brett's blog like this "My dearest Ms Brett, please accept my sincerest apology. I was one of those who made you 90 and I feel such a fool for not having researched it more thoroughly!"

But the conundrum, who's the very 1st person who'd mistakenly or else arbitrarily written 90 as Brett's age, is remains to be seen. Perhaps one would have an interest to submit "Regina Brett is 90," into Google's brain axis and find the clue from about 247,000 results shown. May you?

0 comments: