Picatho's causeries

Oh, $#@%! Sitting with my shoulders shrugged up

In Hokkien, this phase literally means "not having work". It has recently been accustomed to answer with self-sarcasm on most compliments for courtesy when greeted. With the impact of rough economy, I'm now frequently dangling my cuckoo clock.

The global financial storm sweeping the world is inflicting heavy casualties on developed and developing countries alike. Malaysia, in particular, has been hit hard by the back-down of foreign investments and political wrangling.

Thus my saving interest yield has shrunk almost to half; my dividends in terms of shares investments have been acidic; my EPF dividend has also diminished. On top of that, principals in saving have inevitably thinning in value against sharp inflation.

I have however taken my stand on most abstinence - forgo expensive vacations, costly dinners, shopping mall splurges and even less (less adrenaline and pall on it) blogging. I'm therefore opting instead for the quiet simplicity of "dangling my cuckoo clock" at home. Just hoping that my dangling is impermanent!

0 comments: